The World According to HJ - Part 2

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

There were so many things that I forgot to include in my last post about the funny, sweet, uniquely HJ things that HJ says that I decided to compose a second edition. I like that it helps keep things in perspective for me, especially when we've had a rough couple weeks with sickness, crazy sleepless nights, and hectic mornings. So here goes, Part 2 of "The World According to HJ..."

"Mommy, I'm three," said very seriously in response to my worrying out loud to Sol about what HJ is going to be like when she is a teenager.

"Mommy, why you do that with your eyes?" asked when I was trying to imitate the cute, scrunched-up face she makes when she's trying to explain something or tell a dramatic story.

"I not want to relax!" in response to the constant reminders I give her to "just relax" when I am trying to shampoo her hair during her bath.

"I here, Lila. Don't cry, I here," when she gets into the car after I pick her up from preschool and she sees that Lila has been wailing away in her car seat.

"Hooray! You find your keys, Mommy!" with much clapping and fanfare after a particularly stressful morning of running around looking for my car keys before her friend Andrew's "Diego" birthday party.

"Ha-ji, look at this! Ha-ji, you want this?" said in a very sweet voice to my dad after a day after she had been not on her best behavior at my parents' house. She also offered him a tiny piece of her snack (normally HJ is most definitely not a food-sharer.)

"I lost my muffin! Call Mrs. Strauts!" said very urgently when she came home from preschool and she thought she had left her peach muffin from breakfast at school.

"I don't want Mommy go class, go doctor appointment, or color your hair," in an effort to remember all the times I had to leave her in the past week to do something where she couldn't come along.

"I don't want Lila to look my window, only her window," said while we were driving somewhere and Lila kept peering out of her car seat towards her direction.

"No Daddy! You're Korean!" when Sol tried to read the Spanish words in her Dora book.

"How morning, guys!" (translation "Good morning, guys") said very enthusiastically and loudly to her classmates when she came to preschool late yet again.

"Bye, friends! Bye!" as she leaves preschool everyday. Did I mention she loves preschool?

"I don't like Daddy make a fire and steak" (translation - No grilling, Daddy! Why? We're not sure. She doesn't like "the fire...")

"I want Daddy cook something else." And for some reason the only thing she wants Daddy to cook? Eggs... And more specifically, "No yellow part, only white."

Yes, that's our girl, our little HJ... Seriously, I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried...

1 comments:

My Spirited Girl All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger